We are looking to hire a creative and enthusiastic Game Developer to design exciting new video games for our company. You will be responsible for creating the overall game storyline, building character biographies, constructing the base engine, designing specific role-play mechanics, contributing to audio and graphic design, creating the game specs, and fixing bugs prior to the final game release.
To ensure success as a Game Developer, you should have strong artistic skills, sound working knowledge of coding software and be able to work as part of a team. Ultimately a top-notch Game Developer is someone who can turn basic ideas into beautifully crafted games that meet desired company specifications.
- Creating initial storylines and character biographies.
- Translating ideas into efficient code.
- Constructing the game base engine.
- Generating storyboards and game scripts.
- Contributing to the audio and graphic design.
- Animating game characters and environment.
- Developing milestones and schedules.
- Creating game quality unit tests.
- Maintaining code and fixing game bugs.
- Creating game specifications and operating instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Proven work experience completing a full video game life-cycle.
- Proficiency in C++ and other programming languages such as Java or C.
- Excellent knowledge of APIs and build libraries.
- Knowledge of the latest gaming trends and technologies.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Strong artistic and graphic design skills.
- Ability to solve complicated problems using best practices.